Friday, May 28, 2010

creative license

You: You can’t stop this.
Me: Yeah, I get that. It’s just, where else am I gonna go? You’ve been my best friend my whole life. World gonna end where else would I want to be?
You: Is this the master plan? You’re going to stop me by telling me you love me?
Me: Well, I was going to walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil, but it seemed kinda cartoony.
You: Still making jokes.
Me: I’m not joking. I know you’re in pain. I can’t imagine the pain you’re in. And I know you’re about to do something apocalyptically evil and stupid, and hey … I still want to hang. You’re dragqueen.x.
You: Don’t call me that.
Me: First day of third grade . You pissed your pants because you broke the yellow crayon, and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You’ve come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaky dragqueen.x and I love scary veiny dragqueen.x. So if I’m going out, it’s here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I’ve earned that.
You: You think I won’t?
Me: It doesn’t matter. I’ll still love you.
You: Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment